It seems like this is the first weekend that I’ve been home for in a while.
The past few weeks has been full of different adventures, all vastly different from the next. The common theme amongst all of my travels is my “no drop left behind” policy, in order to make up for the lack of red wine and beer in Kuwait. It’s a policy I have adopted wholeheartedly, which often leaves me none the wiser or slimmer, but it’s OKAY.
I generally have a very difficult time trying to sort out everything that’s in my head; this makes it very difficult to publish a blog post (which, come to think of it, might be why I have about 60 unpublished drafts on my WordPress account). In lieu of stubbornness, this post will be published whether I love it or not.
Because who the f*** cares, really?
The thing I struggle with the most is my desire to publish only ‘amazing’ blog posts and my desire to start writing more. For this reason, I have decided that regardless of what I think about the post, or future posts – it’s going to be published.
So, for the sake of posting something and not making this draft #61, I’ll use the rest of this space to update the family and friends back home on what life in Kuwait has shaped up to be.
Here are a list of insufficient updates:
- My apartment FINALLY no longer looks like I just moved in. It looked that way for a while. But after a few trips to Ikea, and a few mad scrambles to access the furniture Google Doc that departing teachers have created to sell their stuff, my apartment looks lived in. Ahumdillah! (Arabic for ‘thanks be to God’).
- The teaching is going well. I no longer feel like I’m DYING. That’s how I felt from about August to December. Thank GOD that is over. It’s still very hard and I’m learning every day, but I’m happy where things are in the classroom, for now.
- I joined a baseball league with some other teachers. We aren’t very good – our team name is called The Rookies, and for good reason. But we have a lot of fun and a lot of laughs, which is what’s important at the end of the day.
- I read a life changing book called Tuesdays with Morrie. And while Harry Potter has and always will take the cake for my all-time favourite book/series, Tuesdays with Morrie has now become my favourite book. Read it. Memorize it. Treat it like The Bible. It is fantastic.
- While it has been unseasonable cooler here this month, the temperature is quickly going up. The average daily temperature is about 30 degrees. It’s perfect. But soon, we’ll become cookies baking in an oven. It’s only a matter of time.
- I’m getting tons of people asking when they can come visit. Seriously people, calm down, okay? (Lol, I’m only joking – no one has asked). I would really love for people to come visit. Really! Come sooner than later people. Time is of the essence.
- I have become a hummus addict. The OIKOS hummus container that I used to buy at No Frills can suck it. Seriously – you haven’t had hummus until you’ve tried it here. Life changing.
And that’s all folks.
Here you have it – a quick blog-post for the sake of writing, and not for the sake of making it ‘amazing’.